The moment I stepped on the campus of Shepherd University I noticed the beauty of Sara Cree Field and also knew it was in need of work that we would have to commit to as a staff, team and from our alumni and friends. Our ultimate goal is to have the best field in our conference as well as in our region. We took our beginning steps this year with work we have done at Sara Cree Field. The upgrades and enhancements that we will need require an investment from our alumni and friends which will allow us to increase the overall student-athlete experience, allow us to obtain top-tier recruits, and enhance the pride within the university and athletics, our program, and women’s athletics in general. Ultimately it will allow all that came before us to enjoy in the successes of our program.
I look forward to the future at Shepherd University. Our alumni and fans are essential to our success and invite you to join us on our journey.
Head Softball Coach
2018 SEASON HIGHLIGHTS
- NCAA Regional Appearance
- MEC Tournament Appearance
- MEC North Division Champions
- Two All-Region Selections
- Four All-Conference Selections
- Two All-MEC Tournament Selections
- Three MEC Player of the Week Selections
- Eleven 4.0 Students in 2017-18 Academic Year
- Spring Semester GPA: 3.62
- Overall Cumulative GPA: 3.44
- NCAA Regional Appearances 2018, 2017
- MEC Tournament Appearances 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015
- MEC North Division Champions 2018, 2017, 2016
- Finished 25th in NFCA National Poll 2017
- Most Wins in a Season—41 wins 2017
Where Private Investment Can Help
- Fencing and landscaping improvements around the outfield
- Practice facility and locker room enhancements
At this time, all donors will receive all SUAC benefits based on donation level and donors to softball will be included on all special events and programs we may host in the future.
If you would like to receive SUAC membership benefits for your gift to a sport-specific fund, please indicate so in the comment box on the gift form.
Did you know many companies match employee donations? Gifts from spouses and retirees may also be eligible. Click here for information on your company and how you may double your donation.